Saturday, September 3, 2011

VINTAGE BATTERY OPERATED TIN TOYS - A SHORT GUIDE

Hi: Let me share with you some of my thoughts and tipsabout Japanese battery operated toys vehiclesof the 50s and 60s.
Being a child of the 60sIhad a few battery operated toys and I enjoyed them all. My favorite was the Cragstan Thunderbird with the hard top that would rise and lower back into the trunk. It had a wired remote and steering.Well, time moves on andthe yearshas a way of making things disappear.

In the 90s okay came along and now once again I own my childhood favorite.
oftentin toys were recycled from other items
Heres an example of a tin film canister thatwas used to produce the bottom for this battery operated toy


A FEW TIPS ON DATING, ACTIONS AND REPAIRS
DATING
Dating battery operated toys - ( this is only a general guideline, there are exceptions) - Since there is usually not a date on the the toy, you would date it by the country of its maker. - 50s and 60s would be Japan - 70s would be Hong Kong - 80s on up Taiwan and China - Onebattery gepartment tin toys were made in Japan inthe 1950s. Here is an example of a Greyhound Bus



ACTIONS
BUMP

No comments:

Post a Comment