Sunday, September 11, 2011

Is Yankee Candle Changing?

Yankee Candle: Getting Weaker?
Scent is a funny thing. You know, it isimpossible to patent a scent. You can patent the packaging, the name of the scent, the color of the scent, but not the actual scent itself. This is because everyone perceives scent differently.
Lately, or more specifically, since Yankee Candle has had it's what? 3rd? owner, Dearborn Madison, I feel like their candles have changed, and I'm not talking about the endless barrage of new scent.
I often wonder if I am alone in feeling that a lot of their signature scents have gotten weaker. My black banded older jar of Lemon Zest seems far stronger than the newer one.
In some cases this is not always a bad thing. Autumn Lodge, which I used to find nauseating, I now find pleasant in its newer, lighter form.
I should also add, that not all scents are weak across the board, but I feel that the majority have lost their vitality. Perhaps Dearborn Madison, Yankee's new owner should go back to its roots a little and bring back some of the older, well loved country scents, in their original form.
It will be interesting to see what kind of changes happen over time and if Yankee can and will retain all of its loyal fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment