Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Abandoned amusement parks in Massachusetts?

I;m a photographer and recently took up an interest in photographing abandonments. I;ve had much trouble with hospitals and schools as most are boarded up and have police and security patrol the area. From what I;ve heard amusement parks are much easier to photograph as most are open and unless your damaging the property the police and security don;t bother you.I found a list of abandoned amusement parks in Massachusetts and the articles I found stated that some of the attractions in the parks still stand. The only problem is that all of the articles were very outdated by quite a few years. I have not been able to find any information as to whether or not the amusement parks are still standing to this day. I;ve been told to ask around on urban exploration websites, but from my experience unless you are very well connected and know the people they will not help you out.I;m not asking for people to tell me where these amusement parks are as I know their location - I just haven;t been to Massachusetts in so long that I do not know if the parks themselves are still standing. I;ll be visiting Massachusetts soon and would like to visit some, but would hate to waste time showing up somewhere that;s been completely demolished.So if anyone can give any information as to whether the list of amusement parks are demolished or not would be so appreciated! Please do not tell me to Google it because I have many times and every website and article I have found was so outdate that the locations could have been demolished by now. If anyone knows of these places and if they are still standing or not I would appreciate it so much!- Jolly Cholly;s Funland, North Attleboro, Massachusetts- King;s Castle Land, Whitman, Massachusetts- Lincoln Park, Dartmouth, Massachusetts- Mountain Park, Holyoke, Massachusetts- Norumbega Park, Auburndale, Massachusetts- Paragon Park, Hull, Massachusetts- Pleasure Island, Wakefield, Massachusetts- Whalom Park, Lunenburg, Massachusetts- White City, Shrewsbury, Massachusetts- Wonderland, Revere, Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment