Thursday, December 22, 2011

USPS and Neutral Seller Feedback

I received neutral seller feedback because of an issue with USPS. I have been aware of the potential for this issue, but finally suffered the consequences. I print my USPS postage at home and deliver my packages to my Post Office and hand them to the person at the counter. In the past, I have asked them why they quit scanning them in upon receipt. I was told they will get scanned when they hit the sort facility. I do not remember when this change occurred, but for a few shipments after the change I requested my packages be scanned in and alwaysreceiveda look like "it's my job, let me do it". Well let me tell you, from now on, if they don't scan it in front of me I'm walking out with it and shipping it UPS. Here is what happened. I printed my postage at 9:36AM 9/03/11, drove to the post office and handed my package to "Steve". Steve turned around and put it in a rolling cart which was close to their back door for deliveries. This is a small village post office. Anyway, I return home and IMMEDIATELY (this was key in the end) emailed my customer and said, I JUST returned from the post office and your item is on it's way. I gave him some instructions about cutting the box open to avoid damaging the article and asked him to let me know when he received it. Done. Iregularlycheck the progress of my shipments and noticed out of six shipments, three of them were not being updated by USPS. I found this strange, but saw that two of them had been updated with all data after being delivered in atimelymanner. These packages had been Priority Mail USPS packages. TWO WEEKS LATER, my third package (which was Parcel Post with tracking thank goodness!) still had no updates, it only showed that I had created the label on 9/03/11. At this point, life got busy due to family heath issues and I didn't pay any attention until 10/05/11 when I noticed my feedback number had increased, so I went to look and low and behold had received a neutral feedback on that item. Turns out that the updated USPS tracking showed the label being created 9/03/11 and it did not hit the first sort facility (only 90 miles away from me) until 9/14/11 eleven days later!!!!!!!!!! Ten days later it was delivered to my customer who was across the US. No wonder I had a neutral, if I had experienced that as a buyer I may have left a negative!! I opened a feedback revision case and basically explained what you have read here. Thankfully the buyer believed me and revised the feedback to positive, for which I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment